Making Virtual Connections
Connecting with housing sector peers is a much-anticipated part of the Housing Central Conference. The 2021 platform features multiple user-friendly avenues to networking with colleagues, meeting new faces, and sparking future partnerships.
During the registration process delegates can build their profile with tags that identify their roles, interests, and region – making it easier for you to connect with others who have similar profiles and professional interests. Chat spaces are found throughout the platform so that delegates can share thoughts and ideas during the keynotes, education sessions, and networking breaks.
Join our topic-focused Learning Lounges to network with leaders and frontline staff and discuss the latest issues facing our sector. Lounges are open throughout the day so that delegates can drop in for live, face-to-face conversations and messaging.
During the afternoon breaks we’ll have a mix of BCNPHA staff and sector leaders facilitating the Learning Lounge discussions – so you can expect a dynamic exchange of ideas!
Our virtual platform includes space for messaging with fellow delegates during keynotes and sessions. Jump in to share your thoughts, ask questions, take part in discussions and message one-on-one with others in your field.
Follow these tips to ensure your virtual conference experience includes successful networking:
- Let your community know you’re attending! Once you’ve registered, share the news on your social media channels with info on the education, keynote or other event you’re looking forward to. Add speakers’ social media handles, and be sure to add #HousingCentral to your post! For more tips, check out our handy Social Media Toolkit.
- Create a networking game plan. Networking virtually can be much easier than searching for a familiar face in a crowded room. It helps to have specific goals to stay focused, such as: meet three new people in your field, connect with a leader in another region, or trade contact info with at least five fellow delegates.
- Stay active on social media throughout the conference by posting your thoughts about the keynotes and sessions, including screengrabs of live events, and search the #HousingCentral hashtag to connect with other delegates. You’ll be entered to win a special prize!
- Engage in messaging tools during the presentations with comments, questions and one-on-one messaging options with others in the room to establish and solidify new connections.
- Participate in conference gamification activities to raise your profile and, more importantly, have a little fun!
- Follow up with your new connections while the event is still fresh in everyone’s minds. Within the first week after the conference, email your new contacts to thank them for the conversation, connect with other delegates talking about their experience on social media, send out those LinkedIn requests and be sure to confirm any follow-up meeting details.